Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Motab and The Osmonds


Much fun was had this past weekend, not only did I get home from the blazing hot weather in Scottsdale (more on that in another post) but we also got to attend the Pioneer Day Concert with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and The Osmonds! It was jolly good fun to say the least, now this may be surprising but I am not to familiar with the Osmonds extremely vast back catalogue so didn't really know many of the songs, however it was fun all the same. There were sooooo many people there, really crazy amounts of people, but we were lucky and got a really good view. All of the Osmonds were in attendance (siblings) and they even had their two older brothers, both of whom are deaf, accompany the for one song (the two deaf brothers signed along). Now I am fully aware that ladies of a certain age have quite the soft spot for the Osmond brothers, but the reception that they got was crazy, there was much screaming and cheering and a really long standing ovation, I was quite surprised. It was a fun show and the Motab were in awesome form and really got into a song called 'Cindy' that required much foot stomping and clapping. I have to say though my favorite part was at the end when the Osmonds sang 'I Believe', they did an awesome job and, in my opinion, Donny is by far the best singer and Marie is a tad crazy (a least she didn't faint). Donny did inform the crowd that they had received special permission to throw a party and that they did, at one point there were psychedelic flowers and an array of colors projected onto the organ! All in all it was a great evening out and Anna and I finished it off with a late night trip to Olive Garden - we didn't get home until 10.30pm - almost makes me feel young!

Donny and Marie singing some song about being country and rock ...

Don't they look young!

4 comments:

Maryanne said...

It was so fun to see you guys and talk with you at the concert! It a brilliant concert with the Osmonds! Loved it. Now I have one question - I know where you two were sitting. You were basically hugging the wall clear over on the side like we were (not the best seats I might add), so how did you get such fantastic photos of them all?? ;)

Holly Soprano said...

Very Fun Review - so glad you came!

Anna said...

Maryanne,
Let me tell you, Paul and I are not photographers...I believe Paul "borrowed" the photos from the internet!

Dave n Sue said...

a note for all you osmond fans little jimmy is appearing as buttons in the pantomime cinderella in paul's home town, northampton in england this xmas so get your tickets now