Saturday, May 9, 2009

3 months old!!!









We can hardly believe that our little Popsicle is already 3 months old (technically, she was 3 months old on Wednesday, May 6th). While she is still quite small just around 11 pounds, she definitely looks much older when compared to her newborn photos. Most recently, she has begun to laugh and finally focus a bit more on toys and colors. While she still has yet to reach for any objects, she definitely admires things from afar, most notably her mommy & daddy. Sometimes I'll look over to catch her watching me, and when I say "Hello!" in greeting, she gives me the biggest grin she can muster. She absolutely loves her Baby Einstein Mozart movie, and will sit with her eyes glued to the tv screen watching all the colors and movement. In case you were wondering, my favorite bit is the cats meowing the tune to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". It's amazing how fast you can memorize the movies and music your kids watch/listen to!
Today we decided to buy a couple of the more "traditional" binky styles to see if she would like them. I pulled one out of the package at the store and popped it in her mouth, after which she promptly spit it out. We tried a couple of times, but definitely got the hint: Poppy will only take her soothies!
Georgie has been so great with Poppy. While Poppy has yet to really acknowledge Georgie, Georgie on the other hand dotes on the baby, trying to get in as many kisses as possible! I'm still not sure if Georgie really loves kissing Poppy because she likes her or whether it's the seemingly endless stream of formula dribbling from Poppy's mouth. Maybe we'll never know.
Hopefully our more distant family will enjoy these pictures--after only a few weeks, she has changed so much! Paul and I have been busy, and it's pretty hard to find time to blog with Poppy, work, Church, yardwork, cleaning...the list goes on! I don't know how we do it, but time flies and here we are!

4 comments:

Julie V. said...

She is getting so big. I love how you called her your little popsicle!!! Cute!
I am glad you are all doing well.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

She's SOOOOOOOOO cute!!! Looks like she got her mommy's super long gorgeous lashes!!!

Callisto said...

She is such a beautiful little girl!

Tracy said...

She is adorable. I love how she always has her eyes open SOOOO wide! I can't believe how fast she is growing!