Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why are purses so big? 'Cause we have lots of stuff!

Paul harasses me to clean out my purse all the time. He says it's way too heavy. "How can a purse possibly be that heavy?", he says. Oh, men. Sometimes it's laughable how ignorant they really are. Sure, there are a few receipts and wrappers that may collect in there from time to time, but I defend every item that I have in that bag -- they are all completely necessary! For example, when I take the train to work, I have to have a book and my iPod. Also, there's usually a good chance it is carrying my breakfast/snacks and/or lunch to work. For the amusement of Paul, I have listed here all the items that are presently in my purse, and you tell me whether or not they are needed!!

1. Book (The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown)
2. CD's (2- Michael Buble and Alexandra Burke. So that I can put them on realplayer at work)
3. Wallet
4. Security ID badge
5. Cell phone
6. iPod
7. Small handbag containing women's unmentionables
8. Bobby pins
9. Miniature Poppy photo album
10. Umbrella (REALLY necessary today: it's snowing, people!)
11. Murray City election ballot
12. Sunglasses
13. 2 granola bars, 3 fruit snack packlets
14. 4 pens
15. 2 packs of gum
16. Pay stub
17. Re-wetting drops for contacts
18. Flash drive
19. Lotion - velvet tuberose from Bath & Body Works
20. Ibuprofen (or as Paul's mum calls it: "ibrufren")
21. Keys
22. 3 Lipsticks
23. Burt's Bees lip balm
24. Band-Aid's

See, that's hardly anything!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

This made me laugh out loud. Casey sometimes gives me a hard time about having so many things in my purse but he also realizes that he reaps the benefits of my "preparedness". For example, I always carry an assortment of pills as well and whenever he gets a headache/stomachache I have what he needs in my purse. Purses were made large for a reason! They are like a large pitcher. p.s. it does crack me up that you have the Murray City election ballot in your purse.

Taryn and the boys said...

man i can't find most of those things around my house let alone in my purse or should i say diaper bag because that is what it has been for the last almost 5 years now. it's too full of diapers and wipes and baby food and old receipts to hold anything actually useful to me. it will be nice when i can claim some sort of bag back for myself.

Dar, Ali, Edi, and Lukey said...

Awesome! It's so true! Men never understand these things, but I'm feeling much like Taryn right now. It's been a diaper bag for a while now, when will it ever be a savvy little purse again?

Aubrey said...

I love big purses! I don't have quite as much in mine, but I know I have room in my purse should I need a place to put things. If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear, right?

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Too funny Anna!!! Danny calls my purse "The Garbage Can" because along with all that you mentioned, everyone hands me all their TRASH while we're out and about and somehow it makes it into my massive bag too!

Tracy said...

At least you don't have those old hardened-by-snot crumbled up tissues like mom always did. Man, going through her purse during Sacrament mtg was gross- I can't believe that we would eat those butterscotch life savers with lint on them!