Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Halloween Movie ALL Loan Officers/Servicers Should Avoid!

Last week, in the spirit of Halloween, Paul and I rented the movie "Drag Me to Hell". In case you don't know what this movie is about, let me enlighten you: a loan officer has to foreclose on an old lady who hasn't been paying her mortgage. The old lady in question is a gypsy with false teeth. The false teeth play a large role in the movie, maybe larger than Justin Long's. But I digress. Basically, the old hag puts a gypsy curse on the loan officer, which causes her to be tormented for 3 days by a demon called the "llamia" (no relation to the llama) before said demon does what the title of the film suggests. Sound cheesy? You have no idea.
Anyway, this movie kind of scared me, because I'm already worried that someday one of the people that we foreclose on is going to show up at my office with a shotgun. Hasn't happened yet, but the day after we watched this movie, I received some nasty emails from a particular borrower who told me that her "grandfather always warned her not to trust the white man" and that we are liars and "speak in the tongue of evil spirits". So...if in 3 days you don't hear from me, it might be because I have some type of damnable curse on my head...

No comments: