Friday, April 4, 2008

Two brushes with fame in less than 24 hours!!!!!

The last 24 hours has been very exciting and as the title suggested we have had quite the fun experiences! So first - and I have to say 'brushes with fame' is a little exaggerated as if you live outside of Utah you most probably have no idea of whom and what I am talking about anyway - we attended the Kenneth Cope album launch concert last night. He has just released a new CD and sang his whole new CD and a bunch of his older songs, and I have to say he was jolly good - I am quite the fan. It really impresses me when you go to a concert and the person sounds just as good live as on the CD, he is quite the talented chap. Anyways after the concert we got to meet him and have him sign our CD, now this was the funny part, neither myself or Anna are too talkative when meeting new people, therefore the conversation went like this:

Me - "Hi, we really enjoyed your show tonight - thank you"
Anna - Silent

Kenneth - "Thanks"
Me - I then give him the CD

Anna - Still silent

Kenneth - Big smile - but silent
Me - Silent
Anna - Silent some more
Kenneth - to Anna "you're sw
eet"
Me - Silent
Anna - "Thanks"
Kenneth - Silent
Me - "Well thanks - have a good evening"
Kenneth - "Thanks"

In short 'twas a little awkward but we got our CD signed and had a fun night out - on a weeknight too!

Then brush with fame number 2! - I just appeared on Studio 5 "Utah's hour-long show that focuses on improving the lives of others" on channel 5! I know how very exciting, I was there to do an interview about taxes and to encourage all of those last minute filers to get to a VITA site. I had quite the fun time, even though I was quite nervous. My segment was only a couple of minutes long but I think it went well - we'll see when we got home from work as we VCR'd it ( nothing like keeping up to date with technology). I was interviewed by Brooke (the co-host lady) and she said after we were done, and I am quoting here "you did really good, I am guessing you've been on TV before" and the answer is no (unless you count the Food Bank commercial where I am standing behind Siegfried and Jenson). Now I realize that she may just say this to everyone but I'll just pretend that I was just that awesome. All in all - I think it went very well and just went so fast, although I am nervous to watch it back as I'm sure it'll make me look about 400lbs. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post a clip but if I somehow get one I'll make sure to post it! Oh one last thing - they made a delicious Marmalade cake during the show and I got to eat some after we were all done- bonus!

3 comments:

Dar, Ali, Edi, and Lukey said...

You did do well with the speaking, but I kept screaming at the TV, "Look at the camera!" You were mostly looking at the co-host chick (which is ok since she was interviewing you), but at the end of the segment I thought you would look straight into the camera, and I was still left looking at the side of your face. But maybe everyone does this and I never noticed because it's different when you know the person. All in all, I give you 4 out of 5 stars.

Dar, Ali, Edi, and Lukey said...

P.S. What's up with this Kenneth Cope guy making a move on Anna right in front of you?

Paul said...

That's funny you say that because they kept telling me before i went on 'remember - don't look into the camera, just look at Brooke the whole time'. Oh well