Sunday, August 3, 2008

Some news (and rather exciting news at that!)

You may have noticed that the posts on our blog have not been too interesting of late and that's because we have been keeping a big secret and have been waiting to post our truly exciting news. We are having a baby!!!! Yippee!!!!! Anna is three months pregnant and we just had our first scan. Everything is looking great, although Anna is really not feeling too well (although everyone tells us will pass soon). I've posted copies of the scan that we had (I circled which part is the head as the scan pictures didn't scan onto my computer too well). The baby was moving around like there was no tomorrow and the doctor said everything looks great. We can't believe that we are finally going to be welcoming a little one into our family, it's certainly been a long, long road. We are absolutely thrilled and feel so lucky and blessed, and are so excited to share our news with you all. Anna is due around Feb 14th/15th and we just cannot wait. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support, this has been such a journey for us and we know that although this next part of the journey is just beginning, this is the fun part!! (as soon as Anna is feeling better!) Also because we are having a baby we decided that it was time to take another trip to Europe, we leave on Sept 19th (Anna's 2nd trimester) for two weeks and hopefully we will know the sex of the baby by then, as my Mum has some serious shopping she wants to do, but more on that trip later. WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!!!!


12 comments:

Taylor said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could not be more THRILLED!!!

Taylor and Meg

Joy said...

YAY!!! I am so excited for you! Congratulations!

Dave n Sue said...

We told you its like doing the oky cokey (joke!!!) its the offical notice we've been waiting for, now we can tell the whole world this great news. We are so very proud of you both and look forward to spoiling our Grandchild at every possible opportunity love to all three of you Dad & Sue xxx

Meg said...

I just want you guys to know that I was crying again last night when I read your post!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We are so excited for you, and for Anna's sake I really hope you start feeling better soon!

Natalie said...

That is such great news. I am so excited for you guys. I hope your little dog doesn't get too jealous of the baby. I bet you have all types of cute little British names picked out already.

Natalie

The Bunker Family said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy and excited for you! I hope you start feeling better soon Anna.

Dar, Ali, Edi, and Lukey said...

Congratumalations! Sorry to say Paul that your Scottsdale post is seriously overshadowed by this one.

Carrie said...

Your baby is beautiful!! There is nothing more amazing than seeing him or her move around and knowing that the little blob is a real baby ! I'm SO SO SO excited for you guys!! You will be the best parents!!

Tracy said...

I cant't wait for Little Leggie (yup- that will be the official nickname until I come up with a new one) It's a girl! I mean, I think that she will be a girl! Felicitaciones!

Joel & Lila said...

OH FUN! CONGRATS!!

what are the chances that we will both get children so soon!! the lord works in miraculous ways!

Julie V. said...

Oh my gosh! How fantastic! I am thrilled for you both. What a fun time. I hope Anna feels better soon. I trip to Europe, how exciting and what a good time to go as far as weather and pregnancy go. good luck!

Cindy said...

This is the best news EVER! CONGRATS!!!! I am so happy for you two! I hope you start feeling better soon Anna.