Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Out of town - oh what a surprise!


This time I'm in San Antonio and I have to say it's rather fun. I got here yesterday (via a bizarre flight with Southwest - no-one told me that the plane would first go to Phoenix where I would get to sit on it on the runway for 30 mins while pretty much everyone else got off - anyway...) and have actually had a little free time as the conference didn't start until this afternoon. This morning I went for a stroll around town and saw the Alamo, went down to the riverwalk and such like. Anyway I am here until tomorrow, the it's off home and then off to Paris (with a quick pit-stop at the doctors office:). Enjoy the pictures!


The Alamo



Inside the Alamo



A cool cathedral on the main Plaza



The view from my hotel balcony (it's quite fancy - although I did have to stay in two different hotels as the IRS - whose conference it is - overbooked one hotel and there wasn't enough room for both nights!)

4 comments:

Taryn and the boys said...

Anna, next time Paul has to travel so close to our new home of Houston you should tag along and we'll come meet you. We are only a few hours away from San Antonio. I am counting down the days till you guy find out. You better get something up quick after you do. I'm excited for you!

Anna said...

Yes, we're planning on posting what we're having as soon as we can. I would have loved to visit Texas with Paul, but we're going out of town Friday for two weeks, so I figured I should save up vacation time. Also, he's usually in stupid conferences most of the day. But maybe next time we'll make a trip of it, and stay longer.

Tracy said...

I'm so jealous! I love San Antonio! You and Anna should go back someday!

Taryn and the boys said...

I can't believe you guys didn't put anything before you left about your new news about the baby. But lucky for me Tracy let me know you're having a girl how exciting! I hope you are having fun in Paris. I'm jelous. I can't wait to see all your pictures when you get back.