Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Poopy Poppy!


Time for another update on our little sweetheart, Poppy is doing well and getting cuter and fatter by the day. She is also hitting all of the traditional baby milestones, two of which she actually mastered at the same time. The first skill she has recently developed is smiling, which is absolutely adorable and melts your heart. The second skill, which I'll be honest is not as cute and endearing is the ability to poop out of her diaper. She has actually been putting these skills into action at the same time, as the photos show - the above photo is the front view and the below photo is the back view - nice. Luckily Anna had the pleasure of changing this particular diaper, but I'm sure my time will come! In other Poppy news, we are having her blessing this coming Sunday (the 29th) as Nannie Sue (my Mum) will be in town. Nannie Sue arrives tomorrow and will be here for two weeks. We are all very excited to see her and for her to meet Poppy, we have lots of fun things planned. Then on April 22nd Grandpa Leggett and Sue (my Dad and his wife) arrive for ten days, we are also excited for them to come and meet Poppy too. Here's to a busy, and probably quite poopy, month! We'll post pictures of all the fun things we get up to.

8 comments:

Joel & Lila said...

Thank you for posting that picture! Really....I thought I was the only one who posted blow-outs, so now I don't feel like a sick loner! LOL

Hopefully we will be able to make it to the blessing...weather and illnesses pending. Calvin either is starting to get a cold or is teething...we will know in a few days, but hopefully whatever it is, it gets kicked before too long!

Taryn and the boys said...

What kind of diapers do you use. Pampers Swaddlers are the best!! Kinda spendy, but the BEST!!

Aubrey said...

Blowouts are inevitable, no matter what diapers you use. Spraying with Oxi Clean, scrubbing, and soaking have always done the trick for me. I have yet to have a poop stain I can't get out. Fun fun! I just had a HUGE blowout today. Maybe we were scrubbing poop at the same time. :)

Jilly Bean said...

Oh, I remember those blow outs up the back...my kids' not my own. Get yourself a big bottle of stain remover and an old toothbrush for scrubbing! Have fun!

Enjoy your family time!

Tracy said...

I'd be smiling, too! She is probably laughing at you guys having to clean it! Mom said that she is smiling! I want to see....

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Look how cute and happy she is!!!! I love the first pic, what a doll!!! And the blowout...boy, hate those! Did she become Poopy Poppy that moment, haha! Babies are so fun!!! I just love her and her name is the cutest!!!! I'm adding it to my list of favorite girl names. :)

sayfuzzypickles said...

Ahh, I remember those pooping up the back days. Doesn't it amaze you how the whole diaper can be clean and her clothes-ruined!? It is so cute.

Maryanne said...

OH, she will be cursing you over that photo when she is 16!