Thursday, August 20, 2009

La Caille - Oh la la!


So, I feel like all Paul and I blog about anymore is Poppy. Which is totally true. And totally fine by me, because she is stinking adorable. Also, no disrespect to our American friends and family, but nowadays the main purpose of our blog is to post as many pictures as possible for Paul's parents, who unfortunately do not see little Popsicle everyday. Just so everyone is aware, Paul and I actually do make it out once in awhile without her, and last Friday was one such occasion. Paul's work bought a table at a charity benefit at La Caille for the HeadStart program. It was gorgeous and fancy, but rained most of the night, so we spent most of the time in the big tent rather than looking at all of the auction items. There were two auction items I wanted to bid on, but Paul wouldn't let me: a golden retriever puppy and an electric bike. You see, nobody had bid on the electric bike, and that was the only reason I wanted to bid, and the puppy was just plain cute. But in all honesty, we don't need another dog (especially after Georgie's latest episode - see above post!), and when am I going to ride a freaking electric bike?? Paul was impressed by the fanciness of the place, but I wasn't so happy because my stilettos kept sinking into the muddy grass, and let's be completely honest here-- the food there is not that great. But whatever, it was free (kind of). And another thing: I don't see the connection between Provencal France and waitresses with extremely low-cut dresses. Come on.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I agree with you about the food and the dresses. The atmosphere (aside from the waitresses) is the only thing great about that place. But I'm glad you guys get out together every now and then.

Dar, Ali, Edi, and Lukey said...

Yeah there is way too much booby going on around there. That's why Darren and I have never gone to dinner there, because if we are going out to dinner, I better be the only girl he is looking at(that would be the case either way, but why have the temptation if you don't need it?) You guys always have all the fun! Charity dinners, trips to Hurricane, hobos stealing your cell phone on Trax...