Monday, August 3, 2009

The sun will come out tomorrow.....


I think Poppy looks like a little girl, I think that with some babies it is hard to tell whether they are a boy or a girl, when they are wearing neutral colors, but Poppy, in my opinion is quite clearly a little girl. Anyway the point of this story is that not everyone agrees and to try and stop that problem (and make her look even more cute than normal), we headed to the mall and purchased Poppy some little headbands. We have tried headbands before before but they have just seemed a little tight on her 90th percentile head. At the mall though we found these cute ones which seem a little softer on her little head (they also have the added bonus of having an interchangeable clot for little clips - which we have quite a few of thanks to Rachel - one of Anna's friends). We also bought another kind of band which, although soft, was quite wide. And while we thought it might match quite a few of her little clothes it also had the added bonus of making her look like little orphan Annie - so I don't think that one will be worn too much, although at least Halloween is sorted.


Poppy is also continuing to eat very well and seems to enjoy pretty much everything she tries (which is odd seeing as Anna and I don't enjoy food very much). Another 'person' that enjoys Poppy eating as much as Poppy herself is little Georgie. She pretty much just stares directly at POppy whilst she is eating and is on the ready to catch anything that falls, whether that be food or spit up. Anyway I just thought i'd post these pics of Poppy eating and, if you look closely you'll see Georgie waiting patiently.



8 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm with you Paul, Poppy definitely looks like a little girl but the headbands are cute.

Julie V. said...

For some reason, seeing Georgie waiting in the lurch just cracks me up.... just waiting to lap up some barf or something!!!lol gross.

Mary said...

She is so cute! I think my Benji looks like a boy, but it's also the lack of hair accessories (bows, bands, clippies, flowers, etc.) that helps people realize he is a boy. :o)

Callisto said...

Oh, I love when little girls are all accessorized out. Poppy is darling with those headbands.

Aubrey said...

I also think Poppy looks very girly. Especially with those eyes! She is adorable.

Dar, Ali, Edi, and Lukey said...

Love the headbands, and her long eyelashes. She's a cutie!

Meg said...

I agree with you Paul, Poppy is 100% girl! I am in love with her new accessories.

Carrie said...

I also think Poppy looks like a girl - and a very cute little girl :) Calan is going to be one lucky guy ;) But, she does look cute with the headbands too :)