Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Birthday "Grandma T"!


On Tuesday we headed to Poppy's favorite park (they have a really big slide) to celebrate Anna's Grandmas 80th birthday. It was a fun evening and we were having a nice time, until Poppy -ever the daredevil - fell off of the picnic bench and whacked her head on the cement floor. Not good. I don't know if we've mentioned this before but Poppy is quite the sensitive little girl. She takes a really long time to get over things and will often still be gently sobbing a couple of hours later (I kid you not, she can even do it whilst asleep). So I'm sure you can imagine how well the banged head went down. She was beside herself and only calmed down when Aunt Tracy let her hold Gaby's little blue dog that Poppy loves (she ended up bringing it home too). I am amazed that she is looking somewhat normal in the picture - Eduardo must've taken this between heart wrenching sobs. Luckily Poppy did no major damage, other than a big goose egg and bruise. I am hoping she has learned her lesson about climbing on and off of things all the time - but I am thinking she hasn't.
It seems that this is the week of illness/injury for the Leggetts. The very next morning I am all ready to go to work, just brushing my teeth and I bend down to rinse my tooth brush and put my back out. Not fun at all. I have never hurt my back before, but goodness me it really hurt. I am just recovering thanks to some icy/hot pads and Anna being a great nurse. Hopefully it will be all better for Friday when I, finally, get all 4 of my wisdom teeth out. Wish me luck! Actually you'd better wish Anna luck - I am not a good patient.

1 comment:

Dar, Ali, Edi, and Lukey said...

Well, it's been almost 4 days since your wisdom teeth so I'm thinking you are almost back to normal again! It's really not a fun experience. I can't believe they don't believe in wisdom teeth extraction and oil changes in England. Anywho, that was a fun party! Sorry that she bumped her head, but I have to say you guys are going to be facing a lot of that these next few months so brace yourselves! At least your picture turned out cute!