Saturday, July 3, 2010

This haughty foe is not in dread silence but is reposing!

Happy July 4th! Today is July 4th and currently everyone is taking a nap - so I decided to post a couple of pictures from the Murray Parade this morning (this is Paul by the way). Thus far we have had a lovely relaxing day, we got up and headed over to watch the parade, which Poppy loved. She was quite enthralled with all of the floats and enjoyed watching all the people walking by. Luckily Grandma went over early and got us a good spot in the shade (although we did have to sit next to some really cranky people who really did not seem to be into the holiday spirit). Poppy got lots of candy (which she kindly shared with us) and seemed to have lots of fun. After the parade we went over to Tracy and Eduardo's and hung out at the pool for a while, then it was time for some delicious lunch (you can't go wrong with Artic Circle), and that brings us to right now. I am just waiting for everyone to wake up and then we are heading over to the park to partake in more of the festivities. I have to say although I am not American, and technically this holiday is all about the US beating England, I still love this holiday. It is so relaxing and fun, we basically just get to spend the weekend relaxing and hanging out - GLORIOUS!






3 comments:

Carrie said...

No England flag for Poppy? I think that would have been pretty funny :) She's getting SO big!!

Jilly Bean said...

Oh Paul, your post title made me laugh!! You're so much fun! Soeur Law and I used to having very loud singing contests...I sang The Star Spangled Banner and she belted God Save the Queen. Good times, good times. :)

Meg said...

Oh my goodness I can not believe how much Poppy has grown up! She is beautiful, Paul I would be worried about all the boys she will have coming! Glad you guys had a great holiday!