Thursday, January 31, 2008

President Hinckley's Viewing

I had the opportunity a few minutes ago to walk over to the conference center from work to go to President Hinckley's viewing. It was amazing. I'm not usually a huge fan of viewings, and Paul already told me he didn't want to go, so I decided to go with a co-worker. It was like being in the temple: everyone was so reverent and respectful. When we finally got up to see him, he looked so peaceful. The Spirit was so strong. It kind of felt like the times when President Hinckly would enter a building and immediately the whole congregation would stand up and watch in respect and silence. There were hymns playing in the background softly, and there were beautiful bouquets and cards from the quorums, his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I was glad that I could be there. It was truly magnificent.

No comments: