Friday, March 21, 2008

A trip down memory lane...

So today at work is quite the slow day for me and as such I have spent a little too much time on the internet just looking up stuff and boy am I glad I did! I found a website that is dedicated to my high school - Trinity Upper School (in Northampton) - and did I find some gems! Anyway I thought I would share them on here as they have certainly given me a little chuckle this morning and I'm sure when you see them to you'll be entertained as well. So here goes....

So those first few photos are of the "Year 9 intake" (meaning the new students that year), not quite sure why there are only a few people in these pictures, but I hope you all enjoy my rather large hair (this was 1990), my great posing skills and my skinny tie.



(I even remember everyone's names - almost- back row - l-r can't rememeber her, Paul Passmore, Eve Slattery, Second row - l-r Me, Abdul Tahid, Ian Wake, Third Row - l-r Sarah/Sharon Karlj (twins - I think it's Sarah), Claire Hughes and Front - Sapna Patel!)

This next picture seems to be cut out of a newspaper and talks about the "American style high-school prom" that we held to end the school year in 1993 (you'll note that it was 'serious business with a buffet and disco'!!!!). To think even back then I was trying to be American.

l-r - Alison Beech, Liz Artner, Jon Pell, Me, Paul Passmore, Stephen Pell, Byron Spence, Sarah Monaghan, Fiona Bell. Front - Mr Hart, Penny Buss, Miss Wilden - Wow I have a good memory!

These last two pictures don't feature me very prominently at all - but I am in them. Anyways these are the pictures from the 6th form fashion show that was held. The first picture is a girl called Claire Hughes (who I didn't like very much) and the second is one of my friends (at the time) Trevor Wilcox and a girl called Gaynor Wareing - who, if memory serves me correctly, are modelling to "Whatta Man" by Salt 'n' Pepa! Too funny!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Why don't you do your hair like that anymore??

Paul said...

I would if only I had that much hair now.

Dar, Ali, Edi, and Lukey said...

Darren thinks that you guys look like human bowling pins in the weird pic where your in some sort of diamond shaped arrangement. Strike!!!