Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A couple of trips to old London Town

Next stop on our trip0, after a nice lazy day at my Mum's house eating delicious food (see above - mmmmmmm - sausage, eggs and chips - with lots of brown sauce for good measure), we headed off to London with my Dad and Sue and had quite the lovely time. We stayed overnight and got to do lots of things, the first night we were there we went to see the new production of The Sound of Music - which was great, the show was really good and thoroughly entertaining. We had great seats - which was super nice as normally we are in the cheap seats at the back. We also headed over to Covent Garden and went to this fun old fashioned toy shop where we got some fun baby things. The second day we were in London we went to tour Buckingham Palace - which none of us had ever done before - and I would whole heartedly recommend it. The Palace is amazing and they ahd this cool audio tour which give you so much info about everything as you toured around. The State Room (where all the banquets are held) was set up for a banquet and boy was it fancy, Anna has now decided that she would like to attend such a banquet - good luck on that one! We had a really fun time in London and really got quite spoilt - thanks Dad and Sue!


Then the next week Mum surprised us with another trip to London - this time to see Wicked. We were sooooo excited to get to see Wicked as it truly is - Wicked. I absolutely loved it, we have loved the soundtrack for such a long time (although I though the book was a little odd), so it was so great to see the show and hear our fave songs (mine - Defying Gravity and Anna's - What is this feeling? - I think it reminds her of being a missionary with a new companion!). The show was so spectacular and the cast were awesome, the actor playing Elphaba was really good, I believe her name is Alexia Khadime. It was a blast! We then took a nice leisurely stroll over to Covent Garden area again - it is really quite fun and then headed home.

2 comments:

sayfuzzypickles said...

Oh my gosh, you saw Wicked!? I love that play more than I can say. My favorite song is For Good. Maybe that is why my email is such that it is...

sayfuzzypickles said...

oh, and those sausage, eggs, and chips look so fabulous. I'm salivating just looking. :o