Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Relaxing and catching up


After our busy trips to Paris and London we decided to spend a few days with my Mum at home. We had originally planned on heading to the sea-side for three days, we actually ended up going juts for one night and coming straight home the next day as Anna was feeling a little sick (so there aren't really any fun stories to tell there). So once nicely back to my Mum's house we had a few relaxing days, going shopping, visiting my Nan and just hanging out. Here's a collection of random pictures from our trip and some of the fun things we did.



We went to Market Harborough and had a fun time just visiting the quaint town





We took my Mum's dog on a walk down the Mill, Mum's house backs onto these fields and river that I used to go down to a lot when I was younger. It was fun to go back, it was quite overgrown compared to how I remember it, especially by the river Nene.


We visited Nan, and she spoiled us on behalf of the baby



One of the days my Mum held a garden party and invited all of our family (see the picture at the top of this post) and some of her friends over. We set up her garden and people just came and went as they wished. it was a really nice day and it was great to see everyone. Mum did an awesome job with the food and decorations, the only negative was that Anna insisted on making some Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, which were not quite the hit she had hoped (pretty much everyone who tried one wasn't impressed - I tried to tell her it was an American thing!)




Mum, Me and Gramps (my Grandad)


Lastly, but certainly not leastly, we headed over to Dad and Sue's for dinner, where my Dad cooked his famous spaghetti. He claims it has some kind of secret ingredient, it is quite delicious, but he was unwilling to share - therefore my initial suspicions, of it just being spaghetti in tomato soup, remain (I know it doesn't sound too tasty, but it is and I love it, he always used to cook it when I was little)

1 comment:

The Bunker Family said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome trip! I loved seeing all the pictures.