Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Kids On The Block Concert - they've got the right stuff!

We had so much fun!!! Although the New Kids were not so new nor kids anymore they did put on a jolly good show. The concert was most entertaining, and although we didn't stay until the end, we had lots of fun. The concert had two opening acts, the first (which was not advertised so I'm glad we were on time) was Lady Gaga, who was quite great. Anna and I have her CD and were quite surprised to see her opening for NKOTB (I thought she was a little cooler than that). She's a little kooky but quite entertaining - although she only did 4 songs - she's like a mix of Christina Aguilera and Gwen Stefani. After she was done Natasha Beddingfield came on and was, once again, fun to watch. I thought I knew more of her songs than I actually did but it was good all the same. After the two opening acts it was NKOTB time, and my goodness I have never heard so much screaming (and the arena was only half full). They were actually quite good and did quite a few of their old songs (who knew they had new ones!) and even did the old dance routine, which was jolly entertaining to watch (considering they are not as young as they were). Anna was hoping that Marky Mark would be there to his brother but alas no. We stayed for about half of their set (it was getting quite late and we are old) but I got to hear my favorite song from their extensive back catalogue - Tonight (I actually am quite familiar with their 'work' as I had a friend back in the day who was obsessed with them). All in all much fun was had, and we got to hang out with Josh and Cyd, so it was a great evening - aside from the fact that the E-Center now charges $10 for parking, but we had free tickets so it's all good. Anyway bring on Carrie (it's tonight) oh and an update for you - Miss Dion has postponed her concert on Friday to now be held Feb 22nd - which does NOT work us (what with having a baby and all) so I guess I don't get to see Celine for the 6th time (good news though; my friend at work is buying the tickets from us). Here's some pictures (courtesy of Josh and his iPhone) from the concert:


Lady Gaga

The New Kids during 'Tonight'

No comments: